Lisa Shearin - the National Bestselling Author of the fantasy adventure series featuring Raine Benares, a sorceress and seeker of things lost and people missing.
Lisa Shearin, National Bestselling Author
I was a columnist for The Writer magazine for three years, and all of these articles originally appeared in that publication.
- Back to basics with pen & paper
- Book Brain Syndrome on the rampage
- Book signings—Finding one that fits
- Buff it up before you send it out
- Building a story arc in your novel
- How to (at least try to) schedule a novel
- Know the signs of writer burnout
- Momentum matters and persistence pays
- Plots, plans, and party crashers
- Really get to know your characters
- Research—How much is too much?
- Revisions & Rewrites
- So you want to write a fantasy novel?
- Stay true to your voice, especially if it’s different
- The fine art of procrastination.
- Writer’s insomnia – or the 3:30 a.m. muse wake-up call
- Writer’s Brain Gush—The hazards of too many words coming too fast
- Writing a book one sentence at a time.
- Writing a series character in fantasy
- Writing Fantasy #2—World Building
- You can’t fix a blank page
- You might be a writer if. . .