Lisa Shearin, National Bestselling Author

Back cover copy for Con & Conjure

Uncategorized Add comments

I’m still working on the final revisions for CON & CONJURE (due back to my editor next Tuesday).  But for your reading enjoyment (and torment, since I can’t give you any more plot details now) is the back cover copy for CON & CONJURE:

My name is Raine Benares. I’m a seeker who finds lost things and missing people. My relatives, on the other hand, steal things. They’re the most notorious criminal family in the seven kingdoms. Sometimes I wonder if they have the right idea, especially since what I’ve found lately is likely to get me killed. And the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone that has given me unlimited power, is to blame for every last bit of it.

Ever since the Saghred bonded to me, the goblin king and the elven power brokers have wanted to possess its magic themselves. But to get it, they’ll have to get me, and their pockets are deep enough to make that happen. With the help of my highly qualified family, I’ve rigged the perfect con—one that will financially ruin the elves who are spoiling for war. My family’s run elaborate scams before, but none involving this much money, government officials this highly ranked, or a war this close to starting. In our way is a goblin thief who’s after the Saghred, and my ex-fiancé—an elven assassin who may be after me. I broke up with him. Let’s just say it could have gone better.

If either the goblins or the elves get their hands on the Saghred, they have every intention of using it. Which means total annihilation will be inevitable…

17 Responses to “Back cover copy for Con & Conjure”

1. Simone says:

YES! We finally get to meet the ex-fiance! I’m so happy! GAHHH! I can’t wait till March! It’s too far away, I want a time machine!

2. Lisa Shearin says:

And there will also be Phaelan’s older brother. ; )

3. Janet Weber says:

Oh, I am so excited! Have we met the ex-fiance before? Because I suspect it was someone whom we already have…

4. Lisa Shearin says:

Nope, you’ve never met him before. ; )

5. CandaceB says:

March seems like a long time to wait, but it sounds like it will be a fun book. I love reading about Raine’s family.

6. emmad says:

March! We have to wait till March! No no no that should be um December yep christmas present time would be good lol.

Looking forward to reading about the EX hehe

7. Libby13 says:

Awesome!!! Can’t wait to meet the ex and more of the family!!

8. Janet Weber says:

I happen to have thought that the ex was the assasin-elf guy.

9. Joe Romano says:

Raine’s fans have to make this book so successful that you can become a full time writer..more books faster. I suspect that there is room for growth among us male readers..the battle scenes are great.

10. Debbie LaFond says:

Everytime I am in the bookstore and see someone looking in the fantasy section for a new book, I show them Lisa’s books and rave about them. Spreading the word as able. I love the whole book series.

11. Lisa says:

Thank you so much Joe and Debbie!! It’s my dream and goal to be able to write full time. That would mean two books (from two series) a year.

Hmmm, good point, Janet. I hadn’t thought about it, but yeah, having Banan Ryce as the ex would have been perfectly logical (and cool). But it’s not him. ; )

Lisa

12. Megan says:

Thank you for the back cover blurb. While I do wish the publishing date was closer (next month would be just soon enough), I think I can wait until my birthday month for more Raine…maybe.

13. Jes says:

The Raine Benares series is one of my favorites. This book sounds like so much fun. I can’t wait to read it.

It will be very interesting to see Mychael’s reaction to the ex-fiance and how it affects his and Raine’s relationship. Especially given the ex’s choice of career.

And to see the con unfold to bring down Balmorlan should be great reading. Next March can’t come too soon.

14. Mikaela says:

I look forward to the next book! Wouldn’t it be intresting if the ex also was a Black Cat, but have taken another career path?

15. Renee says:

Ooh, I just finished Bewitched & Betrayed and I can’t wait for the next one! The scene when Mychael and Raine finally get together was about the best scene ever. 😉 I agree with the person about who can’t wait to see his reaction to the ex.
    I do have a question- does it make any difference to you as the writer $-wise if your books are bought in paper or as Kindle books?

16. Lisa Shearin says:

Thank you, Renee!

However you want to buy my books is fine with me. ; ) There is a difference royalty-wise, but I can’t recall the exact percentages at the moment.

17. Shamu says: